A risk crew dubbed Atlas Intelligence Crew (AIG), aka Atlantis Cyber-Military, has not too long ago come to mild as a result of its cybercrime fashion that makes use of a special approach.
AIG main points
- The risk crew was once first noticed by means of Cyberint researchers who describe AIG as a risk actor promoting an array of products and services by the use of its primary website online.
- The products and services come with get admission to to stolen databases, unique information leaks, DDoS products and services, and preliminary get admission to to endeavor networks by the use of RDP purchasers and Internet shells.
How is AIG operates?
The AIG risk crew’s operations are completely outsourced to unaffiliated cyber-mercenaries who aren’t concerned within the operation at once.
- As an example, when a person buys DDoS, information robbery, or malicious unsolicited mail products and services, the AIG first advertises and later hires impartial contractors to hold out the verified duties.
- That is against this to maximum risk teams which make use of the similar set of hackers all through all in their assaults.
- They stand out since they’re moderately excellent at keeping up their anonymity and deal with this operation as marketers somewhat than technical folks.
Figuring out the AIG industry fashion
Cyberint claims that the AIG industry fashion puts a robust emphasis on safety for its operations leaders.
- The leaders are remoted from folks engaged in unlawful hacking task.
- In different phrases, each and every group has leaders and key participants. AIG has one chief that controls the whole thing and everybody.
AIG has been lively within the cybercrime sector for a while and with revel in has evolved a industry technique that capitalizes at the expanding selection of hacker-for-hire organizations. AIG’s means and potency cause them to onerous to stumble on and a relentless supply of risk to the arena of cybersecurity.