Ever since Discord used to be presented in Might 2015, its recognition has grown abruptly. The platform permits you to keep in touch with others by means of textual content, voice and video chat, in addition to sign up for Discord servers with different like-minded folks. To discover how the platform has cleared the path for simple on-line communique, we’ve created a listing of our favourite Discord statistics.
- With thousands and thousands of customers and servers, Discord introduced in 2015 and has established itself as a dominant participant within the on-line communications business, together with for chat, voice and video conversations.
- The platform’s web price is estimated to be round $15 billion, and that’s anticipated to develop sooner or later.
- Even though the Fortnite server is the biggest Discord server, greater than three-quarters of Discord customers say they use the app for non-gaming actions.
We’ll check out what number of people use Discord, what it’s maximum ceaselessly used for, in addition to some statistics about servers, conversations and income. Listed here are 20 key Discord statistics for 2022.
Sure. With over 150 million per thirty days lively customers, Discord continues to be extremely fashionable in 2022.
Round 150 million other people actively use Discord every month.
The US makes use of Discord essentially the most, with 27.61% of Discord visitors coming from the U.S.
Key Discord Statistics on Customers
Discord is all about its customers, so we’ll get started issues off with statistics in regards to the reasonable Discord person and Discord utilization. What number of Discord registered customers are there in general? What number of per thirty days lively customers does the platform have? Persist with us as we run the numbers.
1. Discord Has 150 Million Per 30 days Energetic Customers
Even though that is handiest 10 million extra registered customers in comparison to 2021, it’s price citing that Discord handiest had 56 million per thirty days lively customers again in 2019. The spike up to now two years might be attributed to the pandemic and next lockdowns, with the platform consuming into the messaging dominance of apps akin to Meta’s Messenger and WhatsApp.1, 7
Collection of Discord Customers, in Hundreds of thousands
2. You Wish to Be at Least 13 to Use Discord
Discord is made for customers 13 years or older, or the age of virtual consent of their respective nation if that age is above 13. That stated, many Discord servers would require you to be 18 or older to enroll in them. It’s because customers once in a while submit particular content material that isn’t appropriate for minors.9
3. Discord Has a File of 8.2 Million Height Concurrent Customers
Whilst this document took place again in 2018, there’s no new knowledge that signifies this document has been damaged. Discord used to be pushing onerous so as to add new options and draw in extra customers within the first 3 years of its lifestyles, and this used to be a vital milestone for the platform.15
4. 78% of Discord Customers Declare to Use the App Most commonly for Non-Gaming Actions, or Similarly for Gaming and Different Actions
Discord used to be to begin with supposed to be a device for on-line players to keep in touch with every different whilst gaming. At the present time, 78% of customers declare to make use of the platform basically for non-gaming actions, or for gaming and non-gaming actions similarly.1
5. The Moderate US Discord Person Spends 280.6 Mins according to Month on Discord
That works out to about 9 mins according to day. Maximum Discord customers don’t spend massive chunks of time actively surfing servers. As a substitute, they go surfing to respond to a message in a channel, and would possibly sign up for a voice or video channel each now and again.5
6. Discord Is the Favourite Social Media Platform for three% of US Youngsters
Even though Discord nonetheless trails in the back of TikTok, Instagram and Snapchat as the most well liked social platforms for youths, 3% put it on par with giants akin to Fb and Twitter, which can be declining in recognition amongst youngsters. Once we issue within the platform’s fast enlargement up to now two years, we will be able to be expecting this quantity to develop.16
U.S. Youngsters’ Favourite Social Media
Discord Server Statistics
Whether or not it’s a non-public server for you and your folks, or a public server created via a neighborhood, Discord revolves round servers. Discord servers are like communities the place you’ll be able to keep in touch by means of textual content, voice or video — and customers should be invited into to enroll in the neighborhood. Listed here are a couple of amusing Discord server statistics.
7. You Can Sign up for As much as 200 Servers With Discord Nitro
To enroll in a server, you’ll want an invitation, or you’ll be able to create a server of your personal (as we coated in our Discord 101 article). When you aren’t paying for Discord Nitro, you’ll be able to handiest be a member of as much as 100 servers on the similar time. A Nitro subscription will increase that prohibit to 200 servers.8
8. There Are 19 Million Energetic Discord Servers Weekly
Whilst Discord used to be firstly gaming-centric, this present day registered customers create servers for a lot of makes use of. Server subject matters vary from explicit pursuits or fandoms to informal communique with real-life pals or schoolmates.9
9. 4 Billion Server-Dialog Mins Occur Day by day
This refers to Discord’s voice chats, and it is helping put into viewpoint simply how fashionable the platform is for customers. In comparison to the 530 million messages despatched according to day at the platform, it’s glaring that customers favor to make use of it for voice communique, reasonably than textual content. 9, 15
10. Discord Has Over 850 Bodily Voice & Video Servers
Discord has over 850 servers which can be devoted to voice and video calls. Those are Discord’s bodily servers that they use as a way to deal with all customers’ voice and video calls. This is a part of the explanation why you’ll be able to handiest have 25 customers on a video chat — it’s very bandwidth-heavy, and Discord desires to ensure there aren’t any high quality compromises.10
11. The Fortnite Server Is the Greatest Discord Server
With over 845,000 contributors, Fortnite has via a ways the biggest Discord server. Roblox’s server takes the second one spot with over 790,000 contributors. Stunt YouTuber MrBeast’s server is available in at a detailed 3rd with 765,000 thousand contributors.7
Collection of Customers at the Greatest Discord Servers
12. Round 90% of Discord Servers Have Fewer Than 15 Customers
This doesn’t cause them to disasters in anyway. Many of us have a separate server for every in their good friend teams, and plenty of of the ones have fewer than 15 customers. This provides Discord contributors extra of a non-public revel in, allowing them to proportion no matter they would like with their shut pals.11
Discord Earnings Statistics
Discord is an ad-free platform, even on its loose tier, nevertheless it nonetheless has to make its annual income come what may. Listed here are a couple of statistics and info that provide perception into how Discord makes its cash.
13. Discord Earnings used to be Estimated at $300 Million in 2021
In 2016, when Discord used to be beginning out, it made $5 million in income. Through 2019, that quantity rose to $45 million, and nearly tripled the next 12 months to $130 million. The platform’s fast enlargement doesn’t forestall there, as Discord is estimated to have made $300 million in 2021.5
Discord Earnings, in Hundreds of thousands
14. Discord Nitro is Discord’s Primary Supply of Source of revenue
Nitro is Discord’s top class subscription plan. It has two tiers: Discord Nitro Vintage, at $4.99 per thirty days (or $49.99 according to 12 months) and Discord Nitro, at $9.99 per thirty days (or $99.99 according to 12 months).
The variation between the 2 is that the latter lets in for a bigger most report add dimension, upper high quality video and two server boosts (Nitro Vintage has only one server spice up).
Discord doesn’t make any cash thru promoting — even the loose tiers are ad-free, so subscriptions make up the majority of the platform’s source of revenue.1
15. Discord Raised a $500 Million Investment Spherical in 2021
In December 2020, the platform raised $100 million in investment, which has Discord valued at $7.3 billion. Just a little not up to a 12 months later, in September 2021, Discord raised $500 million in a brand new investment spherical, doubling its valuation to $15 billion.2
Different Quirky Discord Statistics & Info
Those stats and info don’t fall inside of any of the 3 classes above — they’re amusing items of Discord minutiae that we discovered attention-grabbing.
16. Rythm Was once the First Discord Bot to Surpass 1 Million Servers
Rythm is (or used to be, to be extra precise) arguably the platform’s hottest bot. You might want to upload Rythm to a voice channel and feature it play track for you in top quality. It used to log as many as 200 orders according to 2nd, till it used to be blocked via Google as it used YouTube to circulate track. Rythm’s site claims the bot will go back quickly.12
17. Discord Rejected a $12 Billion Acquire Be offering From Microsoft
Microsoft used to be the one corporate to make a major be offering when Discord sought after to move public in 2021. On the other hand, the sale talks have been close down impulsively, with Discord that specialize in its personal enlargement and the prospective to move at the inventory marketplace sooner or later. Discord maintains the similar possession it has since 2015, with CEO and co-founder Jason Citron main the corporate.4
18. The Moderate Senior Tool Engineer at Discord Makes $218,363 according to Yr
In line with Glassdoor stories from 14 senior device engineers at Discord, their reasonable every year wage is $218,363. In line with Payscale, the common total wage for a senior device engineer is round $121,572 according to 12 months, which means that engineers running at Discord are paid neatly when compared.13
19. The Title “Discord” Doesn’t Have a Particular That means
It sounds as if, when Jason Citron created the platform, he simply preferred the identify “Discord.” Some speculate that it could stem from the phrase “discord,” which means a loss of settlement. This may increasingly reference the truth that in 2015, no unmarried communique platform presented all of the options Discord collects in a single position.14
20. Harassment and Junk mail Make Up 45% of Discord Incident Stories
Harassment stories personal the biggest proportion at 32%, and unsolicited mail stories are the second one biggest workforce at 13%. When you’re concerned with harassment on Discord, take a look at the information in our Discord protection article, which stocks easy and user-friendly tactics to stick protected on Discord.1
Discord Incident Stories via Sort
Ultimate Ideas: Discord Stats
Discord leads the business in simple on-line communique. Hundreds of thousands of customers depend on it for in-game communique, exchanging knowledge with schoolmates or simply chatting with their pals on-line.
Do you employ Discord at the day-to-day? Do you employ it for in-game communique, schoolwork or maintaining in contact with your folks? What’s your favourite Discord statistic that we ignored? Tell us within the feedback, and as standard, thanks for studying.
- CNBC: Disruptor 50 — Discord
- CNBC: Discord CEO on Social Audio App’s Subsequent Large Spends After Contemporary $500 million Investment
- Discord Has Became Down Microsoft’s $12 Billion Bid
- The Wall Side road Magazine — What Is Everyone Doing on Discord?
- Most sensible.gg — Discord Servers (looked after via general contributors)
- Discord — Phrases of Carrier
- Insider Intelligence — Discord Eats Into Meta’s Messaging Dominance
- Whizcase — How Many Discord Servers Can You Sign up for?
- Discord — About Discord
- Discord — How Discord Handles 2.5 Million Concurrent Voice Customers The usage of WebRTC
- Rapid Corporate — Within Discord’s Dangerous Push to Place Itself as The Anti-Fb
- Medium — Bot Highlight: Rhythm — The First Discord Bot to Hit 1 Million Servers
- Glassdoor — Discord
- Discord — 2015.05.21 Ask Me The rest Transcript
- Selection — Discord Turns 3, Hits 130 Million Person Milestone
- Piper Sandler — Taking Inventory With Teenagers, 2022 File